business development manager
Area: Midlands / North – This role is home based with UK travel
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our growing external sales team.
Working across a broad range of larger clients in the private, public and third sectors, this is a predominantly new business role for an experienced Business Development Manager with a proven track record in sales.
- To meet/exceed new business sales targets and KPIs
- The generation and qualification of leads, both self-sourced and from existing warm data
- The development of new business opportunities, from initial prospect through to implementation and launch
- The understanding of prospect and client requirements, being able to confidently make recommendations, and successfully scope out solutions
- The production of well-written, professional and pertinent proposals and tender submissions for clients
- The effective account management of a growing portfolio of clients
- Business development experience within employee benefits/recognition/online benefits/flexible benefits arena
- Good business and commercial acumen with a proven track record of performing against sales targets and KPIs
- The ability to produce well-written, professional and pertinent proposals and tender submissions
- The ability to develop and nurture effective business relationships with prospects, clients and in-house colleagues
- Professional and effective negotiation skills.
- Clear, engaging and confident presentation skills to individuals and large groups
- The ability to manage a varied workload whilst meeting deadlines
- The drive to takes responsibility and ownership for workload and performance
- Proficiency in all relevant IT packages
- A full driving licence is essential.
Salary / benefits
- Salary dependent on experience plus car allowance and uncapped commission.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Corporate paid health cash plan
- On-site discounted gym
- Bike to work scheme
- Technology scheme
- Discounted shopping cards
- Cinema tickets and theme park admittance
- Buy more holiday scheme and an extensive range of voluntary benefits to suit all tastes.
Please email your CV to our HR Manager email@example.com